The Provincial Grand Master, R.W.Bro. Edward R Garty, is delighted to inform you that The Most Worshipful Grand Master, His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent GCVO, has kindly consented to attend the Banner Dedication of Prince Michael of Kent Lodge, No.1720 on Thursday 7th July 2022.
This is very much a one-off, historic occasion, and we all have the opportunity to participate in it.
There has been a change to timings as a result of a newly introduced, unavoidable change to the Prince’s diary for that day. The Prince will now be arriving in the morning, rather than in the evening as previously published.
PMK Lodge will start its lodge meeting at 10.00am. We are very aware that this time may not be suitable for all. If you are a member of PMK but cannot attend at 10.00am, do please try to make the Banner Dedication which will start at 11.00am. That would be fantastic. Please wear your Mark Regalia and note that it will be full dress for those eligible.
The Provincial Grand Master is very keen, as indeed we all are, that as many as possible attend this one-off event, where the Prince will be present at the Banner Dedication of the prestigious Lodge, named after him. There may well be an opportunity to be presented to him.
The detailed timings for both the Mark attendees and the Craft guests are:
- PMK Lodge opens at 10.00am for a short regular meeting. Ideally, the PMK members should be arrive in time for the meeting but, as said above, if you can make 11.00am that would be OK on this occasion.
- Craft visitors arrive at Mark Masons Hall, not later than 10.15am. There may be an opportunity for the Craft visitors to watch the video “Magic of the Mark”.
- The Prince will socialise with the Craft members (who are not yet members of the Mark) between 10.30am and 10.55am.
- The Banner Dedication commences at 11.00am with the Provincial Grand Master of the Mark Province of Middlesex, R.W.Bro. Edward R Garty processing into the Lodge
- The Prince will process in at 11.05am.
- After the Banner Dedication there will be a restricted photo opportunity
- Lunch is planned for 12.30pm.
If you have not yet booked, then please use this Booking Form. Booking will close on Friday 1st July 2022.
Those attending will receive a commemorative booklet of this history-making event.
Please download and complete the Booking Form and forward to – firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
The Provincial Grand Master is looking forward to meeting as many of us as possible on this grand occasion.